Ruaha National Park Safari (4 days)
Ruaha is a wonderful National Park beautifully situated along the fertile Ruaha River in a hilly landscape dotted with centuries old baobabs. Despite the fact that you can view all the animals of the popular Serengeti and Ngorogoro, it is much less visited. You will be completely in peace with the nature, seeing only a handfull of other cars per day.
Being from this area we are specialised in Ruaha Safaris and can offer you more than 15 years of experience.
The program below starts from Iringa, which can be reached by bus from Dar Es Salaam (11US$, 12 hours) or taxi (we can arrange airport pick-up in Dar Es Salaam) but you can also fly directly from Dar Es Salaam to Ruaha for about 330US$.
DAY 1: After Breakfast at the hotel Meet &Greet with the guide. Around 10am start driving to Ruaha National Park, Arriving at Ruaha Park around Lunch time, to take lunch at the Park Restaurant and after Lunch proceed with Half day (Evening Game Viewing) and Dinner and Overnight at Ruaha new cottages or another accommodation of your preference (see below).
DAY 2: Full Day Game Drive. Early in the morning around 6:30am before breakfast start a game drive. Watch sunrise. Around 9am go ahead for Breakfast, After Breakfast proceed with the game viewing on the beautiful land of Ruaha national park with a lot of wild animals, then to break for Hot Lunch around 1pm, after Lunch proceed with game drive, dinner and overnight at Ruaha new cottages or another accommodation of your preference (see below).
DAY 3: Full Day Game Drive. Early in the morning around 6am before breakfast start a game drive up to around 9am go ahead for Breakfast, After Breakfast proceed with the game viewing on the beautiful land of Ruaha national park with a lot of wild animals, then to break for Hot Lunch around 1pm, after Lunch proceed with game drive, dinner and overnight at Ruaha new cottages or another accommodation of your preference (see below).
Day 4: At sunrise we enjoy a wonderful walking safari and walk for two hours along the Great Ruaha River with two armed rangers. There is a possibility of viewing hippos, crocodiles, lions and lots of other animals that come to drink in the river. Later we pack our things and visit a village enroute to Iringa where we can watch and join the local activities and get information from a local guide. Visit to the museum which holds the head of the great local chief Mkwawa who resisted the Germans.
- Accommodation and meals
- Transport on 4x4 safari vehicle while in Safari
- A service of English speaking driver guide.
- Park entrance fees
- While on safari a bottle of drinking water 1 liter a day
This tour includes accommodation inside the Ruaha National Park. The luxury level of your accommodation depends on your budget.
- For luxury and mid-range we mostly use Riverlodge and Mwagusi Safari Camp.
- For a budget safari we use the official National Parks Ruaha New Cottages. These cottages are 4km from the Msembe HQ on top of a hill with beautiful panoramic views over the river and the surrounding landscape. Each cottage has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room, they are clean and well maintained.
- On our low budget Safaris we use the National Parks Ruaha Old Bandas (Msembe bandas). These bandas lack luxury but are located on the banks of the Ruaha River. This means they are an ideal location to see lots of game up close. Elephants and giraffe frequently walk between the huts so it is an exciting place to stay.
Our tours are modular and can easily be combined with other destinations. Ruaha is often combined with the Selous Game Reserve where you can do a great river safari in a boat or the Udzungwa mountains (viewing animals in a tropical rainforest). You can also combine Ruaha with the popular national parks Serengeti and Ngorogoro in the north.